Sunday, January 19, 2014

First Week Back: CANCER

Our first week back after break, we were given an assignment on cancer. The assignment was to write a review research paper on a specific cancer, one of our choosing. I chose to write it on thyroid cancer because I have a friend who was diagnosed with it almost 2 years ago. I really wanted to research more on this theory going around that the HPV vaccine for teens, Gardasil, is possibly causing thyroid cancer, or at least contributing to the cause.



We were also assigned new partners for the rest of the semester, and I'm actually pretty happy with mine. My partner and I had to take a Quest on Cancer. The Quest was that we had to create a treatment for a cancer and explain what it does. We honestly had no idea what we were doing, but we came up with something, eventually. It was sort of along the lines of a pill that should be taken twice a day that can stop a cancerous cell at the G1 checkpoint in the cell cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment